Specialist support for fraud cases
Fraud cases and fraud offences are notoriously complicated and can have extremely serious consequences. If you are involved in such charges the right legal representation is vital.
Acknowledged by the Legal 500 as “a specialist in fraud and serious financial crime”, Quentin Hunt is widely respected amongst peers and clients for his expertise in fighting fraud and money laundering cases.
Quentin's video on Fraud & Financial Crime
Quentin was brilliant, I could not recommend him highly enough, and his wonderful courtroom manner secured me a fantastic result
Now you can instruct Quentin directly without any solicitor’s intervention, thanks to Direct Access legislation. Simply contact Quentin for a free initial advice and telephone consultation to explore your options.
The benefits of instructing Quentin
- An intricate knowledge of the inner working environment of financial institutions, transactions and instruments
- A reputation for possessing an “easy manner” and “ferocious intellect”, said to “reduce the most complex cases to a level that is easily understood by a jury”
- A renowned ability to distil the complexities of fraud cases and compile compelling briefs based on sound legal precedents
- An complete and personal commitment to each client, from early stage advice through to case conclusion
Quentin’s track record in fraud cases
- Just 6 years after qualifying, Quentin became one of the youngest barristers ever to lead a fraud case, earning him his reputation as one of the UK’s best criminal barristers.
- Quentin regularly represents banks and financial institutions before the criminal courts and the financial regulators
- He is also an expert in money laundering and regularly lectures on the subject at the College of Law
- He is often the leading barrister in cases so complex that they require two counsels to represent a defendant.
- Quentin’s comprehensive knowledge of fraud law is complemented by his previous experience as a city equity analyst, where he handled complex financial transactions and proceedings on a daily basis
Quentin specialises in defending cases of Pharmaceutical Fraud; especially in cases brought by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). He has acted in many such cases including R v KM and others which was described by the Times newspapers as “the largest prosecution ever brought by the MHRA”.
Quentin is adept in providing legal advice to those being investigated by the MHRA prior to prosecution and has particular skill in advising clients in how to conclude matters without a prosecution being brought.
If you are being investigated by the MHRA or have an MHRA prosecution against you then use the contact section of this site to have a free, no obligation conversation with Quentin.
Recent Fraud cases led by Quentin
R v AS: Lead counsel in a multi-million pound mortgage fraud scheme based in Ipswich
R v GK: £9 million fraud allegation within a major international property consortium
R v DC: Lead counsel in a nationally reported case of misconduct by a manager at HSBC
R v SST: Sole counsel representing a senior manager in the Lloyds TSB group
R v GW: Junior counsel in a £16m Ponzi fraud scheme covered by the BBC
R v CS: Junior counsel in a £64 million missing trader inter community VAT tax fraud case
R v WA: Lead junior counsel in a case involving fraudulent trading of goods to Africa.
If you need a fraud offences or financial crime barrister with an established reputation for excellence and results, Quentin is ready to discuss any aspect of your fraud offences case. If you need legal advice on fraud offences simply contact Quentin. Alternatively, to find out more on Quentin's successes relating to Fraud offence cases you can visit his criminal defence blog or read some his success stories.